The day finally arrived. I would be in my first fun run! I ate clean, exercised, got a good night sleep and prepared my outfit the night before. Just kidding I didn’t do any of that 😉
I’ll start by saying in the beginning I was preparing very well then I let life get in the way. The nail in my coffin was hanging out and having a few sips the night before/ day of. I don’t regret a thing because I needed to catch up with my friend and relax without hearing someone scream bloody murder when I left the room.
Somehow I managed to drag my tired self out of bed on time so I could shower and get all dolled up. I was going to wear my lime green wig, fill in my eyebrows some shade of pink with matching lipstick, use the brightest Crayons to add flare to my number and blend my favorite green smoothie which at the moment is spinach, pineapple, banana and carrots. What did I end up doing… well I’m not sure but by the time I finished showering I was rushing to do everything. I’m not wearing any makeup and barely colored in my number which I attached to the front of my shirt instead of the back. I didn’t drink water that alone blend a smoothie. The best outfit I could do was my Color Run sweatband and shirt which I put on while my husband was driving (don’t worry I stayed buckled up the whole time; safety first). To add to my mess of a morning, I forgot the freeway was getting a much needed face lift, there was a bad accident involving multiple cars (everyone seemed okay just shaken) and we (I) was running so late that the regular entrances were closed so hubby had to drive all around to figure out how to get me to the race before they stopped letting people in. Well we (I) made it with only a few minutes to spare but they weren’t very strict on the time since there were multiple waves.
- Any fitness level can do this (walkers, runners, families, etc)
- It’s shockingly fun: beginning had foam/ bubble area and hubby liked the end*
- Family Friendly!! Police officers were out in full effect some even enjoying the music and giving high-fives to the kids as they passed by while others were singled out because they looked more like calendar models than real officers 😉
- This is more fun with a buddy or a group but can be enjoyed by an individual with the right attitude
- The halfway point had water and a Port-A-Potty (sp?)
- Official Color Run Water cups. Yes I have four! I wanted a set
- Be cautious if you have respiratory issues or have little ones. Bring a mask or ask that they not throw color on you. As my husband went through with our son everyone was very kind and asked if he wanted color. He declined but our son was able to get color during the finish line party and he wasn’t a fan 😦
- Finish line party is awesome but extremely loud. If you have hearing issues or little ones you might want to bring ear plugs, stand far away from the speakers/ stage or skip the party. We decided to go but the combo of colors, noise and crowds weren’t his thing however if he wasn’t with us we would’ve stayed and partied.
- I almost forgot to mention the free stuff at the party!!! If you’re like me and love free then this will be almost as awesome as the run. Pay attention to who is sponsoring as these are usually the ones with the best stuff. Lays gave Poppables: Sea Salt (okay…) & White Cheddar ( my fav), Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt Soak Relax & Relief which was really helped and smelled amazing (glad I took a few) as well as free beverages and multiple booths giving away prizes
- Not sure all Color Runs have this but our run had blowers so you can get some of the color off before you leave. It was more fun than effective but I was still grateful for it
*hubby was a big naysayer but supported his wife and is now planning our next fun run so give it a try